In January of 1863, members from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church of the Town of Lomira assembled together to found St. John’s Lutheran Church in Lomira, Wisconsin. Pastor Jacob Conrad who served as the congregation’s first pastor also officiated at the new church’s dedication. A small school was also built during that same year.
In 1867 the joint parish of St. Jacobi, Town Theresa, St. Paul’s, Town Lomira, and St. John’s Lomira, called Pastor John Kilian to serve them.
Pastor Rudolph Pietz was called in 1902 to replace Pastor Kilian. St. John’s ceased being a dual parish with St. Paul’s at that time. In 1904 a new church was built with Pastor John Bading preaching for the dedication.
On April 14th, 1940, Pastor Erhard Rupp was installed and served St. John’s a short time together with Pastor Pietz who retired in 1941. At this time a new constitution was adopted and English replaced German as the predominate language.
In July of 1944, Pastor Rupp accepted a call and Pastor Herbert Lemke of Pelikan Lake, was installed. During that time a basement was added under the church, with most of the labor and materials donated by the members.
In November of 1951, Pastor Lemke accepted a call to Michigan. In December of that same year, Pastor Carl J. Henning of rural Appleton was installed. In 1952, Professor Carl Lawrenz preached for a service in connection with major renovations undertaken that year. In 1957, ground was broken for a new school building. Dedication for the new school took place in April of 1958.
On March 13th, 1966, Pastor Henning followed a call to Michigan. On November 5th, 1966, Pastor Nathan Retzlaff of Goodhue, Minnesota was installed as the new Pastor. As the school continued to grow, a home with lot was purchased to serve as the new teacherage.
In 1988, the 125th anniversary of the congregation again saw extensive renovation and redecoration of the Church while it celebrated 125 years of God’s blessings. In June of 1999, Pastor Nathan Retzlaff retired. Pastor Daniel J. Schmidt was installed in August of that same year.
In January of 2002 the voters decided to pursue the idea of an addition that would include a gymnasium, additional classrooms, offices and handicap accessibility to the church. On October 20, 2002 that new school building was dedicated.
In September of 2014 the congregation celebrated its 150th Anniversary with President Mark Schroeder preaching in the afternoon festival service.
In November of 2014 Pastor Schmidt followed a call to Texas.
In February of 2015 Pastor Matthew Kiecker was installed as our new pastor.